Rhubarb & Ginger Cake with a Billington’s Crumb
Indulge in a delicious Rhubarb & Ginger Cake with a Billington’s Gingerbread Crumb . Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5.
- Grease and flour a large loaf tin (21.5cm x 11.5cm x 6cm).
- Sprinkle chopped almonds into the base.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs beating in one at a time. Don’t worry if the mixture splits.
- Beat in the finely chopped ginger.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and fold gradually.
- Fold in the Rhubarb.
- Place the mixture into the loaf tin and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 50 minutes or until cake springs back to touch in the centre or a skewer comes out clean.
- Once out of the oven sprinkle crushed Billington’s Gingerbread over the top, leave to cool and enjoy!
To buy Billington’s Gingerbread online, please click here.
- 230g Rhubarb, chopped into 1.5cm pieces
- 30g Almonds, finely chopped
- 150g Butter, softened
- 150g Dark brown muscovado sugar
- 30g Crystallised Ginger, finely chopped
- 150g Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 Large Free Range Eggs
- 5 finger of Billington’s Gingerbread crumbed for topping