Billington’s Gingerbread and Honeycomb Ice Cream Sandwiches
Try something a little different with these Billington’s Gingerbread and honeycomb ice cream sandwiches. Here’s how to make them:
- Put the milk and cream into a saucepan and heat until just below boiling point. Meanwhile, whisk the sugar, yolks and vanilla in a big mixing bowl. While whisking, slowly pour in the hot milk mixture until everything is combined.
- Wipe out the pan and pour the mixture back in, then cook over a low heat, stirring continuously until the custard has thickened to just coat the back of a wooden spoon. Leave to cool.
- Churn the cooled custard in an ice cream machine according to the instructions. Scrape into a freezer container and fold through the honeycomb chunks. Put in the freezer and leave until solid.
- Break off two medium sized pieces of Billington’s Gingerbread and sandwich them together with the homemade ice cream and dig in!
To buy Billington’s Gingerbread online, please click here.
- Around 100g honeycomb, bashed with a rolling pin into small chunks
- 140g pack of Billington’s Gingerbread
For the ice cream machine
- 300ml pot double cream
- 300ml whole milk
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract