Impress your dinner guests with this elegant Caffè Latte Panna Cotta. Here’s how to make it:
Total Cooking Time: 25 minutes plus chilling
- Soak the gelatin in a bowl of cold water.
- Mix the coffee, milk and cream in a bowl, then pour about a quarter of the liquid into a pan and put over a low heat.
- Tip in the sugar and stir until it has dissolved, then remove from the heat.
- Squeeze out the gelatin sheets and add them to the pan. Stir until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Strain the warmed liquid through a sieve into the remaining coffee, milk and cream mix. Stir in the vanilla.
- Ladle it into 4 serving glasses and put in the fridge. Chill for 4 hours or overnight until set.
- To make the coffee syrup, simmer the coffee and sugar until the sugar has dissolved and the coffee has thickened.
- Stir in the Kahlúa and cool. Just before serving, flood the top of each glass with a little syrup.
- To serve, crumble a generous amount of Billington’s Gingerbread over the top of the panna cotta.
To buy Billington’s Gingerbread online, please click here.