Fig & Ginger Pavlova
Topped with vanilla-flavoured yogurt, Billington’s Gingerbread and roasted figs, this show-stopping dessert is perfect for entertaining. Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 140°C, fan 120°C, gas mark 1. Line a roasting tin with baking paper. Arrange the figs in the tin, scatter over the chopped ginger and drizzle over the syrup. Cover with kitchen foil and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until sticky. Set aside to cool.
- Put the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and sprinkle over the cream of tartar. Whisk until stiff. Gradually add the sugar, a tbsp. at a time, whisking thoroughly after each addition, whisking until all the sugar has been incorporated and the eggs whites are stiff and glossy.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Spoon the meringue mixture onto the paper, then use a spatula to form a circle the size of a dinner plate, making the sides higher than the middle. Bake for 1 hour, then turn off the oven, leaving the door closed. Leave for at least 3 hours, or overnight, until completely cool. This gradual cooling helps stop the meringue from cracking.
- Carefully fold the icing sugar and vanilla bean paste or extract through the Greek yogurt. Spoon the mixture into the centre of the meringue, then decorate with the roasted figs, crushed Billington’s Gingerbread and ginger. Chill until you’re ready to serve.
To buy Billington’s Gingerbread online, please click here.
- Fig(s) – 8 individual, quartered
- Morrisons Stem Ginger in Syrup – 40 g, 2 balls, ginger roughly chopped
- Golden Syrup – 1 tablespoons, level, use the syrup from the ginger
- Egg white(s), raw- 4 individual
- Cream of Tartar – ½ teaspoons
- Caster Sugar – 200 g, golden
- Icing Sugar – 3 teaspoons, level
- Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon, level
- 0% fat natural Greek yogurt – 500 g
- Billingtons Gingerbread – 50g (crushed)