Ginger & Pear Parfait
Embrace succulent pears with warming ginger, this recipe is delicious and easy! Here’s how to make it:
- Start by draining the pears and reserving the juice
- In a large glass serving bowl (a trifle bowl is perfect) start by covering the bottom with a layer of greek yoghurt
- Arrange a layer of Billington’s Gingerbread fingers on top of the yoghurt
- Pour a small amount of the reserved pear juice on top of the biscuits (this will help them soften
- Arrange a layer of pear quarters on top of the biscuits
- Top with yoghurt and repeat with another layer of yoghurt, gingerbread fingers, pear juice and pears, finally topping with yoghurt
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours but overnight is even better
- Top with the following (optional) thin slices of fresh pear, chopped crystallized ginger, cookie crumbs made from 1-2 Billingtons Gingerbread fingers.
To buy Billington’s Gingerbread online, please click here.
- 250g Billington’s Gingerbread
- 1.5 kg greek yoghurt
- 3 x 400g cans tinned or poached pear quarters
- Crystalised ginger (optional)
- 1 Fresh pear (optional