100 g golden syrup
100 g soft light brown sugar
125 g unsalted butter, softened
250 g rolled porridge oats
75 g pumpkin seeds
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp star anise (you will need a spice grinder
1/4 tsp ground ginger
2 fingers of Billington’s Gingerbread
pinch of salt
Gingerbread and spiced pumpkin flapjacks
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan/gas mark 6. Line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Combine the syrup, sugar, crumbed gingerbread fingers, butter, oats, pumpkin seeds, spices and salt in a large bowl and mix until they all come together.
- Press into the lined tin with the back of a spoon, then bake for 20–25 minutes, until golden brown all over.
- Remove from the oven then turn out of the tin and leave to cool for 20 minutes on a wire rack.
- Cut into rectangles once cooled.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream
To buy Billington’s Gingerbread online, please click here.