Billington’s Gingerbread, White Chocolate and Rum Truffles
A spring twist on a festive favourite, these delicious and warming truffles are the perfect treat to enjoy or make an ideal Mothers Day gift!
- In a food processor (you could try using a blender) process the Billington’s Gingerbread fingers until they are finely crushed. Add the cream cheese and vanilla and process until the mixture comes together.
- Roll into scant tablespoon-sized balls. Place the balls on a lined baking sheet and refrigerate until firm, 30 minutes (can be refrigerated, if well covered, up to several days).
- Melt the white chocolate over low heat and add in the rum. Dip the gingerbread balls into the chocolate to coat. Place the coated truffles on a lined baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle with extra gingerbread crumbs before the chocolate hardens. Refrigerate to help the chocolate set. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
To buy Billington’s Gingerbread online, please click here.
- 285g Billingtons Gingerbread
- 170g cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 285g white chocolate
- 4tsp of white rum
- A few Billington’s Gingerbread fingers crushed, for garnish