Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with a Billington’s Gingerbread Base
Why not try out these delicious mini cheesecakes perfect for afternoon tea. Here’s how to make them:
- Mix the cream cheese, lemon, icing sugar and double cream together, making sure it is well mixed and lots of air is incorporated. Also make sure the lemon juice and rind is mixed in evenly into the mixture.
- Heat up your butter until it is melted (either on the hob or in the microwave).
- Bash the Billington’s Gingerbread into fine crumbs place them in a bowl and stir in the melted butter.
- Press the biscuit base into moulds.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture on top of the biscuit base in each mould, smoothing down the mixture on top. Leave in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes. When they are ready to serve, pop them out of the moulds, place the blueberries on top and enjoy!
To buy Billington’s Gingerbread online, please click here.
For the Cheesecake:
- – 2 tubs of 200g Cream Cheese
- – 50g of icing sugar
- – 2 lemons (juice and rind)
- – Splash of double cream (if the cheesecake seems runny, add more of this and stir so more air is incorporated into it, however if it is thick, this is good, the thicker the better!)
For the biscuit base:
- – Chunk of butter (50-75g)
- – 150g of Billington’s Gingerbread into fine crumbs
- Blueberries for garnish (optional)