The Shropshire Sour
The perfect way to celebrate the season and the arrival of summer, is the delicious gin based cocktail, ‘the Shropshire Sour’!
Here is how to make it:-
35ml measure of rhubarb gin (homemade or bought)
35ml measure of triple sec
70ml measure of rhubarb syrup
35ml measure of lemon juice
Egg white from a single, free range, egg.
15ml of Kings Ginger liqueur
To buy Billington’s Gingerbread online, please click here.
- Place the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and give it a vigorous shake.
- Add a few ice cubes and shake some more.
- Strain and pour into your daintiest, chilled cocktail glass where the frothy egg white should create a layer above the pink liquid.
- Decorate with a couple of strips of lemon peel and a generous sprinkling of finely crumbed Billington’s Gingerbread.
- Serve and enjoy: you can even dunk a finger or two of Billington’s Gingerbread into the cocktail for an extra treat!