Sweet peaches and Billington’s Gingerbread make this exquisite summer tart. Here’s how to make it:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan). Grease a 23cm fluted, loose bottom tart tin.
2. In a food processor, process the Billingtons Gingerbread and almonds until a fine crumb forms. Add in the sugar and butter and mix well. Press this firmly into the tart tin, going up the sides as well. Bake for 10-15 minutes until set. Remove from the oven and set aside. Reduce oven to 160°C (140°C fan).
3. In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream, egg, sugar, vanilla essence and lemon zest, beating until smooth. Pour mixture into the tart crust and bake for 15-20 minutes or until just set. Turn the oven off and leave to cool in the oven, then chill.
4. To make the ginger syrup, in a medium saucepan on a low heat, add the sugar, water and ginger until a syrup forms. This should take about 7 minutes. Remove the ginger and allow to cool for a few minutes before adding in the fresh peach slices.
5. To serve, pile the peaches in the centre of the tart, drizzling the last of the syrup over. Top with mint leaves.
To buy Billington’s Gingerbread online, please click here.